1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 8:48 AM by philmodjunk

Calculations in a merge field

JeanetteMyers

Title

Calculations in a merge field

I have created a form letter with merge fields.  One merge field is <<FPC Expiration Date>> and I want it to only merge with expiration dates that equal 11/30/2016.  How can I set that up?  I am very new to FileMaker Pro so I thank you all for your help and detailed explanations!

• 1. Re: Calculations in a merge field
          philmodjunk

Are you saying that you want that date to be visible only if it is 11/30/2016? Won't that date change at some point in the future?

Or perhaps you should perform a find for all records where this date is 11/30/2016?

If the answer to that last question is No:

Is that merge field part of a larger block of layout text that must always be visible or is it a separate layout object?

If it is a separate layout object, you can use conditional formatting to make it disappear for records that don't have that expiration date.

If it is part of a larger block of layout text, you can define a calculation field that is empty unless the value of FPC Expiration Date is 11/30/2016 and then you put that merge field on your layout in place of <<FPC Expiration Date>>.

If ( FPC Expiration date = GetAsDate ( "11/30/2016" ) ; FPC Expiration date )