5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 9:44 AM by philmodjunk

calendar function problems

kat457

Title

calendar function problems

I'm working off of one of the starter solutions and added a calendar bar the drop down calendar.  The icon shows up put is faded out an inoperable and dates cannot be typed in, the program automatically inserts the date you start the file but the date cannot be edited.   Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 1. Re: calendar function problems
          philmodjunk

Which starter solution and which date field?

There are a number of possibilities that might explain this from the field being from a related table where a related record does not exist to specific options set on the field definition itself to look at.

• 2. Re: calendar function problems
            kat457

i'm using the product catalog starter solution and the date script box that was with it, set in the control-style: drop-down calendar.  

• 3. Re: calendar function problems
              philmodjunk

I opened a copy of the Product Catalog starter solution. The borders of all the fields on the first layout appear to be grey because that's the color the designer selected for them. This can easily be changed while in layout mode if you want.

I created new record and today's date appeared in the date entered field. If I click in this field, the borders turn black and I can pick a new date from the calendar pop up or I can just edit the date in the field to change it.

Have you made any changes to this file's design?

• 4. Re: calendar function problems
                kat457

I did not make any changes to the design, and it just remained inactive.  But I've managed to get it to work by opening a different starter colution and copying that field and pasting it not the prettiest way but it worked.  Thank you so much for helping!

• 5. Re: calendar function problems
                  philmodjunk

Sounds like your file may have been damaged in some way. Try creating a brand new copy of the starter solution and see if it works for you.