AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calendar Reminder

Question asked by PrisonProfessor on Dec 30, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 31, 2013 by PrisonProfessor

Title

Calendar Reminder

I'm looking to create calendar reminders for different fields in different tables.

I'm thinking it will take several scripts that basically preform the same function but act on the different fields

One example of a reminder is to remind me of a person's wedding anniversary

Here is the script

Set Field [ ProfileInvestmentPartners::_cWeddingDate; Month ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ) & " / " & Year ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ) ]
     Set Error Capture [ On ]
     Perform Find [ ]
     If [ Get ( FoundCount ) ]
     Show Custom Dialog [ Title: "Wedding"; Message: ProfileInvestmentPartners::_pkPIPId & " " & ProfileInvestmentPartners
         PIP_1stPartnerFirstName & " " & ProfileInvestmentPartners::PIP_2ndPartnerFirstName & " " & ProfileInvestmentPartners
         PIP_LastName; Default Button: “OK”, Commit: “Yes”; Button 2: “Cancel”, Commit: “No” ]
     End If

CWeddingDate is calculated with the below statement 

Date ( Month ( PIP_WeddingDate ) ; Day ( PIP_WeddingDate ) ; Year ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ))

However I'm not getting results expected; I get results when in the layout associated with that table; I'd like it to execute when I start Filmaker. When I do execute manually it works only in the layout mode associated with table and it give me dialog on the active record regardless of PIP_WeddingDate. I like to have it display all if an PIP_WeddingDate with in 5 days of current date.

I hope that is enough info. I myself am slowly learning Filemaker PRO Advance but I'm still raw so detail is very helpful

Thanks

Outcomes