6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 9:30 AM by philmodjunk

Calendar View Needed! FM Pro 12 Adv

pook

Title

Calendar View Needed! FM Pro 12 Adv

Hi There,

Does anyone one know of a calendar view I can use that is super simple. I don't want anything complicated. Just a basic template or at least some screen shots to create my own! I tried seedcode but it was just too complicated for me. I've tried igeeks twp part example step for step and it doesn't seem to work in 12!

Any ideas or help me would be great!

• 1. Re: Calendar View Needed! FM Pro 12 Adv
          philmodjunk

Try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8d03xvwe8vtz85/Calendar.fp7

If you are using FileMaker 12 or newer, use Open from FileMaker's File menu to open this file and produce a copy of the file that is converted to the .fmp12 file format.

• 2. Re: Calendar View Needed! FM Pro 12 Adv
            pook

Phil Once again you've been a huge help!! I've given it a new look! and linked it to my holiday_Request DB. So it now shows all holiday requests. The only issue I am having is that when a holiday request is over a few days, I need it to reflect that also in the calendar. For example on the picture attached, the request for Toni Swinfield, 6th April is also 7th, so id like the 7th to show my name also?

Does that make sense?

Loving the calendar! I tried igeeks, but it wasn't very good at all! this is perfect and simple, which was all I needed.

• 3. Re: Calendar View Needed! FM Pro 12 Adv
              pook

Current portal setup has a filter

DayOfWeek (Holiday_Requests:Date_From) = 1

and then 2, 3, 3 etc as you designed it.

I have a Date_To which is the end date of the holiday request!

• 4. Re: Calendar View Needed! FM Pro 12 Adv
                philmodjunk

Then you should create two records in the events table, one with each date. For extended periods of time, you could set up a layout where you enter/select a start and end date in a pair of fields and a looping script then creates the needed records from start date to end date.

• 5. Re: Calendar View Needed! FM Pro 12 Adv
                  pook

The records currently work as a date range...Im not using the events table anymore for adding events...its linked to the holiday database now so currently a view only though created a separate layout to show quick view of the holiday requests which shows date from and to!

I just want the green bar to extend across dates for the request. attached is how holiday is entered on the holiday db

• 6. Re: Calendar View Needed! FM Pro 12 Adv
                    philmodjunk

Given this design, whatever you call the table to which the portals refer, the simplest solution is to create one record for each date in the range.

A portal filter could be set up that uses an inequality to compare the day's date to the range, but you may find that your layout then updates very slowly as all of the inequalities evaluate in multiple portals over multiple records.