3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2008 3:34 AM by erikjo

calendartrouble

erikjo

Title

calendartrouble

I have a calendarfile made in FMpro8.

31 days (records) match an A4-sheet of paper perfect.

But, when I ask for two or more months in a FoundSet i got problems with fx March01 coming along with february.

Are there any way to avoid this? 

• 1. Re: calendartrouble
          mfero

If you're on a Mac the easiest thing to do is to use File > Page Setup to change your page scale.  

If you're on a PC changing the scale under print properties won't help because it will still crop the page.  On a PC you need to change the font sizes and make sure the fields in the layout to not exceed the size of a single printed page. 

• 2. Re: calendartrouble
            erikwb

You need a sub-summary on your layout. The sub-summary needs a break-field. In this case I'd go for a calculated field which equals the month your date-field.

break= month(datefield)   /*calculation result is number*/

On your layout:

Create a leading sub-summary when sorted by the field break. Specify "Page break before each occurrence" in Part Definition setup. The sub-summary doesn't need to include any information, and can be as small as you like.

Sort your records by the break-field, and then by date. Enter preview to see the result.

If you have records spanning several years, your break-field will have to incorporate the year, something like:

break = month(datefield) & year(datefield) 

Now you have to take into account that some months has two digits (oct-dec), so you'll need a calculation replacing 1 with 01, 2 with 02 etc and have the calculation have a text-result. Sorting should then be fine. There's a lot of ways doing this. One example:

If ( 

Length ( Month ( date ))=1; 

0 & Month ( date ) ; 

Month ( date )

)

& Year ( date ) 

/*Calculation result is text*/ 

• 3. Re: calendartrouble
              erikjo

Thanks. This smells fish.

I was thinking of a solution with some blank records in adition the date records. And because every record has a uniqe serial no, I could make a special sortorder and a script for this event.

But your solution looks great.

Thanks again.

(koffor sitt vi her å prate engelsk?)