AnsweredAssumed Answered

Call Back Scheduling Field in FileMaker

Question asked by JosephWhite on Feb 3, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Call Back Scheduling Field in FileMaker

Hello,

I am a long time, but remedial, FM user. I would like to know if anyone has a solution for my call scheduling needs. I would like to add two functions to my main contact information layout.

First Function

When I call a client or cold call a prospect I would like to have a way to easily schedule a call back. I would like to be able to select from options in a pop-up window that has an entry field for a whole number and a drop down to select the units as follows.

Call back in:

(enter whole number) then select from:

Minutes

Hours

Days

Do not call

Leave Blank (leaves the field blank)

The entry would calculate the new date and time then display it in a field that can be sorted by date, then time. I would also like to be able to go in and edit or hand enter into this field.

Second Function

I would like a Notes field to annotate a call. When the field is clicked on, or tabbed to, it automatically enters the date and time followed by a hyphen and return. I can then type in any comments I want to make about the call.

If you can show me the necessary code, direct me to an existing template or have a ready made solution that can be easily modified that would be greatly appreciated. I would also consider a commercial solution, if available.

Regards,

JW

Outcomes