6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 12:22 PM by paintboothguy

Can anyone suggest a formula?....

paintboothguy

Title

Can anyone suggest a formula?....

Hello, 

I have fields for both Billing address and Shipping address, and sometimes they are the same.  I need a script that will take the data entered in the billing address fields and populate the shipping address fields so I don't have to enter duplicate data.

Here is what I have tried, to no avail....

Set Variable [$ScratchPad; Value:Contact Management::Address_Type1]

Set Field [Contact Management::Address_Type1::Contact Management::Address_Type2]

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew 

• 1. Re: Can anyone suggest a formula?....
          ninja

paintboothguy wrote:

Hello, 

I have fields for both Billing address and Shipping address, and sometimes they are the same.  I need a script that will take the data entered in the billing address fields and populate the shipping address fields so I don't have to enter duplicate data.

Here is what I have tried, to no avail....

Set Variable [$ScratchPad; Value:Contact Management::Address_Type1]

Set Field [Contact Management::Address_Type2 ; Contact Management::Address_Type1]

Any Suggestions?

The thing you want to set...then the thing you want it set to... 

Thanks,

Andrew 

• 2. Re: Can anyone suggest a formula?....
            Steve Wright

Im guessing you want a button to 'copy' billing address to shipping and that Address_TypeX field is a single field for the complete address, rather than split into multiple fields... .

If so, what you have tried will work,

Make the button  Set Field [Contact Management::Address_Type2 ; Contact Management::Address_Type1 ]

• 3. Re: Can anyone suggest a formula?....
              paintboothguy

Mr. Ninja, 

I edited the formula as you suggested and I get no result.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew 

• 4. Re: Can anyone suggest a formula?....
                paintboothguy

Dear SW, 

There are 4 fields for the address. (street, city, state and zip.)  As I said in my response to ninja, I get no result upon running the script.

Thanks,

Andrew 

• 5. Re: Can anyone suggest a formula?....
                  ninja

Howdy,

The purpose: to set Second Address to equal First Address.  (If this is wrong, please speak up)

The script:

Setfield [ ContactManagement::Street2 ; ContactManagement::Street1 ]

Setfield [ ContactManagement::City2 ; ContactManagement::City1 ]

Setfield [ ContactManagement::StateProvince2 ; ContactManagement::StateProvince1 ]

Setfield [ ContactManagement::PostalCode2 ; ContactManagement::PostalCode1 ]

For each target field, choose it from the menu provided when you click "Specify...".

For each result (calculation window when you hit "Specify...") choose the field from the top left pane.

Make sure you name your new script and make sure you set up your button to launch this new script.

Then try it out.  It should copy over all fields except for Address Type (so you can leave it as Billing or Mailing)

• 6. Re: Can anyone suggest a formula?....
                    paintboothguy

Ninja, 

Well done.  Worked like a charm.  To be honest, I was mis-selecting a field.  The template I used to create my Contact Management layout has the field named 'address type 1', and in the layout I changed the label to read 'Billing Address.'  I was having the set field look up 'address type 1' thinging it was the street address.  A simple clerical error on my part, but I've learned my lesson!

I'll get to work on your instructions on our other thread.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time!  Thanks!

-Andrew