3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2009 8:13 AM by TSGal

Can File Maker Pro Help me?

Samdlc

Title

Can File Maker Pro Help me?

I want to know if File Maker Pro is a product that will be able to help me on my next project.

I am looking for a Document Image Management solution that woul allow me to scan different documents into a cabinet or file folder and assign it some type of reference number.

Then I want to be able to publish this information securely over the internet so my clients can access this documents at any time by simply looking for that reference number and being able to download those documents.

I read on the File Maker Pro that this software is capable of doing something similar but was not able to get more information to see if this product can do what I need. I also looked for some other support or sale numbers but did not find anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Sam

• 1. Re: Can File Maker Pro Help me?
          davidanders

Yes, it can.

But, why not use one of the many free websites that provide the same capabilities?

Picasa is one of these...

http://picasa.google.com/features.html 

• 2. Re: Can File Maker Pro Help me?
            Samdlc

Well I want to be able to have a secure way of publushing my documents to my clients.

I work in the transportation industry and my plan is to be able to scan about 10 documents (word, execel, pdfs) for each trasnfer I do.

I would like to have all this documentation saved elecetrionically and assign it a reference number to have the ability of searching for reference.

I also want the ability to share this information to my clients so they could also be able to get access to their own documents anytime they need.

Right now I am doing everything manually and my clients are having to wait until I deliver these documents on a CD.

Thanks in advance

• 3. Re: Can File Maker Pro Help me?
              TSGal

Samdlc:

There are a number of ways to accomplish this.

A Container field can display the contents of file (PDF, JPG, movie) so the customer can actually view the contents.  You can also attach a file to a Container field, and when the customer right-clicks, there is an option to export the file, and the person can save the file to the local drive.

Does this help?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.