Can FileMaker do all this?
I just downloaded a trial for FileMaker Pro 11, but before I purchase I was wondering if FileMaker is capable of everything I need. I am an aviation photographer with about 5000 photos currently catalogued in Excel (I know, rather primitive). I am looking to use FileMaker both as a photo catalogue but also to aid me in my workflow with the images. I briefly considered Bento 3, but I require the autofill function that can only be obtained with a relational database. Essentially I am looking to create something similar to the JetPhotos.Net website, but for only my own locally stored photos.
The main things I'm after are:
- RAW image support (Canon CR2 files) - i.e. the ability to display the raw image similarly to Jpeg
- The ability to attach multiple photos (i.e. the original CR2 and an edited Jpeg) to one record
- The ability to open a photo from FileMaker in an external editor (Photoshop CS5)
- The ability to select certain photos from the database to be added to a separate database that will be on my website (this feature will be added a long way down the track...)
- The ability to extract certain EXIF information (i.e. date taken, camera used etc)
I am currently mucking around with the Windows version under trial while I wait for my new iMac to be delivered, after which time I will run FileMaker on the Mac.
Many thanks in advance for any advice that can be offered.