5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 12:13 PM by ZooGuy

Can Filemaker Pro 10 be scripted to create backups automatically on a remote (network) drive?

ZooGuy

Title

Can Filemaker Pro 10 be scripted to create backups automatically on a remote (network) drive?

I currently use Filemaker Pro 10 as a database for keeping track of accounts for traders in a Nature Exchange (swap shop for natural items) in a zoo. I have these files that are stored and used in a local folder, ("Current database.fp7", "Trades.fp7", "Standard trades.fp7", "Inventory.fp7" and "Mailing Labels.fp7"). Is there any way to  write into the script to have Filemaker create a backup of these files automatically at the end of each day on a different drive located on the server? (obviously these would need to be overwritten each time so that there is always one updated save at any given time)

Also, we hoped to be able to open the database on another computer on the network. When I do, if the main system has the database open then the 2nd system is told that it cannot share the files from that drive (the network drive). When I did make a change to a record the second system said that there was a change made and the primary system locked up. Am I to assume that only one machine may open and make changes to the database at any one time?