3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2010 2:35 PM by philmodjunk

Can find remote host, but cannot see available files

AmberSaundry

Title

Can find remote host, but cannot see available files

Hello,

We have been using Filemaker Pro 9.0v3 at my office for quite some time now.  We have gotten new computers over the years, and I have installed Filemaker with no problem, and been able to connect to our remote host to open our databases.

However, I installed Filemaker on 3 computers yesterday, all using the same disc, the same way I have before, and I am able to find our host, but it will not display any files on these computers.  We have 5 other computers in the office that have no problem connecting to the host and seeing all available files.  The operating systems on the old 5 and new 3 range from Windows XP to Windows 7.  Therefore I am assuming it is not an issue with just Windows 7 for example, as the Windows XP computer cannot see the files either.  I am guessing it is some problem with the ports or firewall, but am just stumped due to the various operating systems.

I am very confused, as this is the first time I've had any issues installing Filemaker and connecting to our host and its files.  Can anyone please help point me in the right direction?

Thank you!