AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can FMP be used as a rudimentary page layout app?

Question asked by Tod on Feb 15, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Can FMP be used as a rudimentary page layout app?

I've recently been put in charge of a small community club's membership database, which is currently residing as an MS Works db*.  One of the things I have to do is once a year publish a membership directory.  FMP does the trick once I've laid out a form that can be exported to a PDF file.  

In the past directories have been a disaster as the Works data are imported into MS Publisher.  The end result is not only a membership list but also a list of various sub-groups (Interest Groups), club bylaws, some advertising, as well as a photo section.

What I'm currently doing is getting all the "front matter" and photos into a Pages document, and copying the PDF output from FMP for the member list. 

What I'd really like is to be able to incorporate the other text info into some part of the membership database such that it all gets "printed" to a single file with corresponding sequential page numbers.  This would, I suppose, necessitate multiple forms printing their different layout into a single file.

Any tips or advice on how this can be carried out would be really appreciated.  Or am I best off using Pages?

* The intent is to convert the Works db into an FMP db in the coming months.

-Tod

Outcomes