4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 3:02 PM by philmodjunk

Can I Change the Background Color of a Title Header and Footer?

jdanniel

Title

Can I Change the Background Color of a Title Header and Footer?

Hello, I am using Filemaker Pro Advanced v12.4.  It’s been a few years since I’ve designed a FM database and am a little rusty. 

I’m designing a flat-file database, and I am in Layout mode.  The theme I chose to work with is “River Touch.”

I’ve added a Title Header and Footer.  I’ve figured out how to enter and format text in the Title Header, but I have not figured out if I can change the background color, which is different than the body’s.  I’d like the header, body, and footer color to be the same.

Is this possible?  If so, then how do I edit the header and footer’s background color?

Thank you for your help.

J. Danniel

• 1. Re: Can I Change the Background Color of a Title Header and Footer?
          philmodjunk

In Layout mode, click the part label to select that layout part. Then use the Fill color drop down in the formatting tool bar or the same control in the Appearance tab of the inspector to select a different fill color.

• 2. Re: Can I Change the Background Color of a Title Header and Footer?
            jdanniel

Thanks for replying.  It took me a few minutes to figure out what you meant by part label.  But I did, and it worked.  Thank you.  Jd

• 3. Re: Can I Change the Background Color of a Title Header and Footer?
              jdanniel

May I please ask a follow-up question or two regarding formatting?  I just want to know if it’s possible to make Arial the default font for all the text I’m working with.  This would apply to labels, text boxes, anything typed into the database.

Also, a question about the Inspector:  I figured out how to make field boxes perfectly rectangular.  The boxes have rounded edges, which I didn’t want.  The way to make them perfect 90 degree angles is to set the Corner Radius to 1.

So, my question now is:  Is there a way to make 1 the default setting for the Corner Radius, so whenever I add a box of any kind to the Layout, it will always be formatted the same way?  I know I can do this using Format Painter, but I was just curious about being able to set a default.

Thanks again!   Jd

• 4. Re: Can I Change the Background Color of a Title Header and Footer?
                philmodjunk

The default values are controlled by the theme you select. You might experiment with different themes to find the one closest to what you want as a default. (And Classic is still an option for getting something close to what you may be more familiar with in older versions.)

And you may want to copy and paste a layout object to keep the same formatting then change settings, etc. to use the copy as needed. (You can double click a field object to open Specify Fields so that you can select a different field for the object.)