2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2009 6:54 PM by Ruth1

Can I change the way checkboxes and radio buttons display?

Ruth1

Title

Can I change the way checkboxes and radio buttons display?

I have a group of fields that all use the same value list for people to choose values from. I would like to display them in table so that the labels for each of the checkboxes (or radio buttons) appears at the top of the page and the boxes line up under the headings. (eg I have a series of questions that people need to answer either always, sometimes or never - I want to put these labels at the top and then have the three boxes for these option sit next to each other for each field, and have each field on a new line. I would like to be able to have the boxes share borders but being able to separate the box from the label would be a start.)

Also is there a way to get check boxes to have ticks in them rather than crosses (X)

Thanks

Ruth

• 1. Re: Can I change the way checkboxes and radio buttons display?
          davidanders

Not easily.

A number field that can contain 0 or 1 called AnswerOneNumber

A container field that contains a global graphic (check mark) or is empty

An invisible button that runs a script that would increment 0 to 1 or 1 to 0

Clicking on the invisible button over the container field AnswerOne

would increment AnswerOneNumber to 1 (checkmark appears) or to 0 (field is empty)

I have a contact database that contains five checkboxes that are calculated from five number fields

0 is white, 1 is green, 2 is yellow, 3 is red.

Five boxes, four options

Find scripts that will find white,green,green,green, red  records for instance

• 2. Re: Can I change the way checkboxes and radio buttons display?
            Ruth1

Thanks for your help David. I'll keep those options in mind. I think I may have found a solution. Its probably more important in the report I want to produce so I have created a series of boxes with white ticks in them that use conditional formating to make the tick black when the field has the corresponding value. Its probably still a little clumsy but I think it is going to serve my purpose.

Ruth