AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can I do this with Filemaker?

Question asked by juliep on Oct 20, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2009 by TKnTexas

Title

Can I do this with Filemaker?

Our organization uses FileMaker Pro 8, so I am only familiar with the basics of how to look up or add information.  I have never created a database.  I plan menus for large group camping trips and I would like to know if it is possible to create the following..

I want something where I can type in the number of participants for a program, how old they are, how many staff we have, how many days for the program, how many meals they need, and maybe a couple other things.  Then I want to tell the program I want this, that, and the other meals and it will magically spit out a menu and food buy list for the correct number of people.  Can I do this with Filemaker?  I'm trying to make this process more user friendly.  It takes me quite a while to do it now.

What I have now is an Excel template that has tabs for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.  The food quantities for these meals depend on the participant number that I input.  Creating the actual program menu and food buy list involves a lot of copying and pasting and room for error.  

Any help is appreciated!

Outcomes