1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2013 8:28 AM by philmodjunk

Can I get a list of active user account names of a defined previlige set?

ming.jiang

Title

Can I get a list of active user account names of a defined previlige set?

Hi, I have created a Technician previlige set and a few user accounts of Technician. Now I would like to assign tasks to technicians, and I want to choose a technician from a value list of all active technicians. Is it possible to do this in FileMaker pro advance 12?

Thanks a lot.

• 1. Re: Can I get a list of active user account names of a defined previlige set?
          philmodjunk

"Active" means that their account is active or that they are actively logging into your database?

Only way I can think of to get a list of users whose account is "active" in Manage | Security is to set up a table of user names with a field that marks which are active and with a button that performs a script that changes the Active status of their account so that your DB Admin uses a layout based on this table to change an account status. This way you have a list that is kep in synch with the status set in Manage | Security.

There's a script step, Enable Account, that can be used to change this account status and the script can be set to run with "full access privileges" if you want to set up an Admin user with the ability to do this without giving them full access to the database.