1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 10:24 AM by philmodjunk

Can I put multiple records in one standord form layout?

HollisForrester

Title

Can I put multiple records in one standord form layout?

I am using filepro to create an archival database of objects. I would like to create a layout which allows me to  be  to print 2 or 3 records (with accompanying fields) to a page. How can I do this in the standard form layout?

• 1. Re: Can I put multiple records in one standord form layout?
          philmodjunk

Enter preview mode and see what you get when you flip through the pages of your previewed layout. (The book control selects pages instead of records when you are in preview mode.) You may find that your layout is already setup to print this way.

Generally, filemaker will fit as many records as it can on a page when printing unless you've specified otherwise with a layout part. You can doubleclick a layout part's label to bring up it's settings to see if anything was selected to force a page break.

One method you may want to use to fit more records on a page if you have fields that are blank or multiple line fields that hold varying amounts of text is to enable sliding on these fields and any layout objects next to or below them. If you also enable the "Resize enclosing part" option, filemaker will slide up and shrink objects when possible to fit more on a given page.