AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can I use the same Match Field to create relationships between more than two tables

Question asked by JonathanHouston on Sep 14, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Can I use the same Match Field to create relationships between more than two tables

Dear all

Does anyone know if I can use the same match field in more than two tables to relate the information between them.

I have a match field in each table called 'Month ID' which is a calculation field that displaces it's contents as Month Year (e.g. September 2012).

I have multiple tables such as Invoices, Expences, Credit Notes etc and within these tables each record contains a Month ID Field in order to tag it to a particular Month. The idea is that I have central table which has a record per month and that the monthly figures from the other tables (i.e. Invoices, Expences etc) feed into this main table by using the Month ID tag field.

I can get this to work perfectly by creating a relationship between Month ID in the Invoices Table to Month ID in the Main Table but once this first relationship is created none of the further relationships seem to work. This seems to be the case when I try to use the same match field but this doesn't seem to make sense.

Can anyone help me with this?

Many thanks

Jonathan

Outcomes