3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 9:08 AM by philmodjunk

Can not launch FMP 13 trial.

BorisAz

Title

Can not launch FMP 13 trial.

Hello,

I installed FMP 13 trial version on my Windows 7 (64 bit) Enterprise, but when I am trying to open an application nothing happens. I also installed .NET Framework 4.5 and I was able to see it in View Installed Updates list, but then it disappeared.

How can I fix it to make it working?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Can not launch FMP 13 trial.
          davidanders

Did you restart your computer after installing? Did you install and are you logged on with an administrator account?

"but when I am trying to open an application nothing happens."

What does this mean, exactly?

• 2. Re: Can not launch FMP 13 trial.
            BorisAz

Yes, I installed as administrator and restarted computer after installation.

"but when I am trying to open an application nothing happens." means:

When I click on FileMaker Pro.exe the application would not open and there is no hour glass or any error messages.

I thought maybe some files were corrupted, so I uninstalled FMP 13, cleaned the Registry, downloaded fresh trial version and installed it again.

Same thing.

Any idea?

• 3. Re: Can not launch FMP 13 trial.
              philmodjunk

Presumably you mean that you double clicked the application and not just clicked it, but since that's what you describe, I am making sure...

FileMaker Techsupport is Free when it's an installation issue. I recommend that you call them and let them walk you through different things you might need to check in order to resolve this.