1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 1, 2012 2:48 PM by davidanders

Can someone point me in the right direction?

DustinShepard

Title

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I am new to this. I have a very detailed excel document that has multiple sheets that all pull in data from each other with calculations, vlookup lists etc., which works great however I know a database would be the way to go. Here is what we do and what our current documents do. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction or to the right tutorials?

We have someone in the field who takes multiple samples at job sites, this person enters partial data which includes a job number and a client sample #. (Can enter one sample at a time, unlimited number of samples all referenced by the job number)

The sample is returned to a scientist who will analyze the sample(S), also use the job number for reference. Sometimes these samples have layers in which the sample for example would be "Client sample 1, Company sample 1a", "Client sample 1, Company sample 1b", ect. (Can enter one sample at a time, unlimited number of samples all referenced by the job number)

Then we combine the two reports data to make a single report with up to 14 different samples on one page and of course there can be many pages.

Hopefully this makes enough sense that someone can point me into the right direction for information on where to get started?