2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2012 1:09 PM by dennjon

Can you "dress up" a Table View layout in FMP 11?

dennjon

Title

Can you "dress up" a Table View layout in FMP 11?

Table View works great for a few print-outs we create daily in our senior care business. It allows us to print out, say, a Kitchen page that has all the day's clients in rows alphabetically and related columns showing food allergies, special diets, etc.  However, one thing I'd like to add is some external text (external to the DB fields) where staff can print the date, their initials, AM/PM, etc.  These are not fields, per se, but text that I'd like to see at the bottom of each page. So far, I haven't found a way to add any "dressing" to a Table View; I just get the spreadheet look with rows and columns.  Is there a way to make such enhancements in Table View?

I'm using FMP 11.0v4.  

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Can you "dress up" a Table View layout in FMP 11?
          philmodjunk

Use list view instead of table view.

You can size the body to be just one (or a few) rows of fields tall, add layout text, buttons, portals etc as needed and when you view the layout in list view mode, you'll have your dressed up table view.

I usually reserve table view for "developer debug" use and use list view layouts for those accessed by general users. When a user interacts with a table view, they very quickly can get in situations where they need to know and understand design details about your database--information they don't have and then you get support calls to help them get back on track.

• 2. Re: Can you "dress up" a Table View layout in FMP 11?
            dennjon

Thank you, Phil. That is exactly what I was looking for.  Works great!  I appreciate your quick response.  --DD