2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 9:43 AM by mmccarty

Can you import files through CWP?

mmccarty

Title

Can you import files through CWP?

Hello,

I've been developing in FM for about a year and a half.  My database is distributed to the users through IWP.  I've been asked to create a new database that can track the progression of documents through the editing process.  A feature my boss really wants is to be able to store and pass the different version of the document within the database.  It isn't possible (to the best of my knowledge) to import a file into a container field via IWP.  Is it possible via CWP?  If so, how complicated is the process?  I've never worked in PHP or XML before and while I don't mind spending time to learn the basics of the languages, I'm not a computer programmer in any sense of the word.  If I provide the tools to import a file in FM, with the PHPSA translate them or is that something I'm going to have to program in PHP myself?

Any advice in this manner (even those pointing me in a different direction) are greatly appreciated.  Like I said not a computer programmer (actually a mathematician) so I can use any hints.

Thanks