AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can you qualify on multiple portals in one relationship or does this require a complex script?

Question asked by bunny on Jun 20, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2010 by fitch

Title

Can you qualify on multiple portals in one relationship or does this require a complex script?

Hi--

I can't seem to think of the right way to define the relationships in order to grab the sales based on multiple tables. 

Scenario:

Table 1:  Fields: Store # (unique); Start Date (Global);  End Date (Global) 

Table 2 (serves as the many to many for Table 1 & 3):  Fields: Store #; Product, Select (1,0)

Table 3:  Fields:  Product (unique)

Table 1:  Fields: Store # (unique); Start Date (Global);  End Date (Global) 

Table 4 (serves as the many to many for Table 1 & 5):  Fields: Store #; ShipNum, Select (1,0)

Table 5:  Fields:  ShipNum (unique)

Table 6:  Fields:  Product; ShipDate; ShipNum

Script from Table 1, takes the user to a layout which allows them to enter the date range.  The layout will display the portals for Table 2 and Table 4 (connected by Store #).

In Tables 2 and 4, the user will be able to select which Products & ShipNum for the query via the Select field.  Once this is done, I need the next part that will find the info in Table 6.  For example, If products A, B, C was selected, and ShipNums (1,2,3) were selected, if a record in Table 6 has Product A, ShipNum B or Product C, ShipNum C or any combination of the two, within the global date ranged; the info will be displayed.

Will this require me to set up a new table that defines all of the combinations between the two or can this be done via a relationship?  Please help!  Thanks.

Outcomes