3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2010 10:18 PM by fitch

Can you qualify on multiple portals in one relationship or does this require a complex script?

bunny

Title

Can you qualify on multiple portals in one relationship or does this require a complex script?

Hi--

I can't seem to think of the right way to define the relationships in order to grab the sales based on multiple tables. 

Scenario:

Table 1:  Fields: Store # (unique); Start Date (Global);  End Date (Global) 

Table 2 (serves as the many to many for Table 1 & 3):  Fields: Store #; Product, Select (1,0)

Table 3:  Fields:  Product (unique)

Table 1:  Fields: Store # (unique); Start Date (Global);  End Date (Global) 

Table 4 (serves as the many to many for Table 1 & 5):  Fields: Store #; ShipNum, Select (1,0)

Table 5:  Fields:  ShipNum (unique)

Table 6:  Fields:  Product; ShipDate; ShipNum

Script from Table 1, takes the user to a layout which allows them to enter the date range.  The layout will display the portals for Table 2 and Table 4 (connected by Store #).

In Tables 2 and 4, the user will be able to select which Products & ShipNum for the query via the Select field.  Once this is done, I need the next part that will find the info in Table 6.  For example, If products A, B, C was selected, and ShipNums (1,2,3) were selected, if a record in Table 6 has Product A, ShipNum B or Product C, ShipNum C or any combination of the two, within the global date ranged; the info will be displayed.

Will this require me to set up a new table that defines all of the combinations between the two or can this be done via a relationship?  Please help!  Thanks.