AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can you run a Script on data entry?

Question asked by carlz_1 on Feb 11, 2009
Latest reply on Feb 11, 2009 by ninja

Title

Can you run a Script on data entry?

Hi everyone.

I am working on a program that involves, ultimately, the printing out of a form for a governmental program.  There are about 12 layouts, each involving items a person applying for this program must fill out.  After completion, the program prints out the form with the data on it and runs a number of calculations that are printed on an addendum sheet that provides the information in an easier and more concise manner than the application does.

My issue is this ... garbage in garbage out.

Before an application can print I want the user to commit, using a Y/N radio button that the information on the particular layouot is complete.  I want to be able to run a script that when the user enters Yes on the adio button, the script runs and verifies that each required answer is filled out.  I cannot make the answers mandatory by doing so on Auto Entry because the information is often filled out piece meal as the input person receives it.

I then have each tab at the top of the screens change color when the information is complete using conditional format.

That is a long dialogue on my app.  Sorry.  The bottom line is, Can I run a script when a person enters information into a field?

Thank you

Outcomes