7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 10:29 AM by schamblee

Can you use Value Lists in a Case Calculation?

AnnetteRoman_1

Title

Can you use Value Lists in a Case Calculation?

I have a series of projects that have taken place throughout the state in different counties. I currently have a field in which the counties are designated. I would like to create a calculation that depending in which region a county is in "Eastern", "Central" or "Western" populated in a new field. I have created three value lists one for each region. Each value list contains the counties that are associated with a region. 

I had thought to use a case function such as:

Case (project county = FilterValues ( ValueListItems ( fileNAME ; "Eastern MA Counties"); project county); "Eastern"; project county = FilterValues ( ValueListItems ( fileNAME ; "Central MA Counties"); project county); "Central"; project county = FilterValues ( ValueListItems ( fileNAME ; "Western MA Counties"); project county); "Western"; " ")

Except it isn't returning back anything. I have a tendency to make things too complicated. I know I can get it to work with a case function and listing all the counties in a region with the "or" parameter, but I was hoping there might be an easier less lengthy option.