1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2011 12:13 PM by tomn

Can't access an ODBC database

rbiggs_1

Title

Can't access an ODBC database

I'm trying to access SQL server with FileMaker Pro 10, using an ODBC driver.  I've tried both OpenLink and Actual Technologies drivers.  The drivers themselves seem to work fine, since while I'm creating a user or system DSN within their interface, I have no problems logging in and seeing the databases on the SQL server.

But when I try to access the database within Filemaker, it keeps asking for a login and rejecting any credentials I give. 

I'm running Filemaker 10 on Mac OS X 10.5.6.  I also am trying this with Filemaker Pro 7 and am getting the same problem.  This happens whether I try to connect via opening a file or importing records. 

• 1. Re: Can't access an ODBC database
          tomn

Having the same problem when using a driver for AccountEdge.  The DSN has the correct login and can use excel with this connection to read data so I know the credentials are correct.  WIth Excel it doesn't prompt you for your user/pw because it uses the DSN entry for that (it's stored there)  I'm actually not sure why FM is asking for it and not sure why it's failing when its correctly entered.