AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't Attach File in Layout Mode/Can't Open a File in Browse Mode

Question asked by FKonopatski on Jul 20, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Can't Attach File in Layout Mode/Can't Open a File in Browse Mode

I have been using the Contact Management Template for a database of our employees.  The way the database works is that you type in a field and it clears out when a new record is selected.  My boss would like me to attach documents that are specific to each separate person so we would like them to clear out when a new record is submitted.  We would like the document to be attached so that the user's that search and update the database can just click on the file to review the necessary material.

I can not seem to get a document attached in layout mode that won't reset to a blank new record when selected and when I do get a document to appear, it won't open in browse mode.

I looked through some of the other forums and some experts have mentioned using a container, but I must be really slow at learning this because I can't seem to figure out how to get the container to work to display the file that is individually associated with that specific person and to clear for the next record to display the other person's file.

Side Note:  I am trying to get these documents in another tab so when the file does appear....it goes through all layers and still is unopenable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Frank

Outcomes