6 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2014 10:41 AM by Claire_2

Can't delete record

Claire_2

Title

Can't delete record

Getting this error when I select & delete a record, same for all views

How do I fix?

Screen_Shot_2014-05-05_at_11.09.30_AM.png

• 1. Re: Can't delete record
          philmodjunk

Exactly how are you "selecting and deleting" a record? Are you selecting "Delete Record" from the records menu or clicking a button to run a script?

Does this layout have a custom menu installed that might perform a script instead of the standard menu option for deleting a record?

This action could also trigger a number of different script triggers and one of the trigger performed scripts may have an issue that produces this error.

• 2. Re: Can't delete record
            Claire_2

This layout is the 'project' starter solution in filemaker 12. I haven't created additional scripts to delete records (or for anything else on this table).

I am using the delete record button on the toolbar, I delete records this way across all tables & this is the first time it's not working.

• 3. Re: Can't delete record
              philmodjunk

What layout are you on in that starter solution when you attempt this?

• 4. Re: Can't delete record
                Claire_2

Desktop > Projects

• 5. Re: Can't delete record
                  philmodjunk

Have you made any changes to this file?

Are you using FileMaker 12 or 13? (The starter solutions differ in design with each version)

I can select delete record from the records menu while on this layout in the FIleMaker 13 version of this starter solution and do not get any error message.

Have you been making changes to the design of this database file?

There is a script trigger--OnRecordLoad that is tripped when you delete a record. Have you changed the script performed by that trigger?

Have you made changes in Manage | Database for this file?

• 6. Re: Can't delete record
                    Claire_2

There was a change to a relationship that was pulling it up. Thanks Phil, legend.