3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2010 1:45 PM by ScottWyant

Can't do it in Bento, can someone help me with a simple royalties database in FMP?

ScottWyant

Title

Can't do it in Bento, can someone help me with a simple royalties database in FMP?

I'm  trying to help a friend out who's doing this all manually now, in  Excel  He gets a big spreadsheet of musicians' names, and small  royalties they receive for YouTube plays and the like. I have taken that list, and stripped out all the information except the artist, and the amount  of money for each of the plays.  The artists change every month, and each one could have from 1 to more than a hundred micropayments.  I just need to combine the micropayments for each artist into a single payment, then split that payment into two amounts -- 51% and 49%.  I think this involves a self-to-self relationship, but I don't really understand how to do that.  I'm pretty sure it's simple, but it's beyond me.  Thanks for any help you can offer.  He's running FileMaker 7, I have 11, and it'd be worth it to him to upgrade if he needs to.