3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2013 4:53 PM by avallejo

Can't figure out how to make this chart

avallejo

Title

Can't figure out how to make this chart

It's supposed to be simple, but I've been trying for hours and can't work it out. I want do a bar chart that displays Totals by each label (f_PAM, f_PEI...etc)  . It's a layout where the totals are created by FMP as a Summary field. Tried quick chart but it was a no go...tried a new chart on a new layout but also couldn't make it...

Any hints will be very much appreciated...maybe an exemple file?

1.jpg

• 1. Re: Can't figure out how to make this chart
          avallejo

Just for the record, exporting it to Excel I can make it as shown...but not in FMP...

• 2. Re: Can't figure out how to make this chart
            philmodjunk

There are several options for defining a "y-series" of data values for a chart. What you show doesn't fit any of those options.

If the values for f_PAM, f_PEI, f_PES etc were from groups of records instead of individual fields, you could use the summarized data data source option, specify a single summary field as the "y-series" value and sort to group your records by each category.

But you have the data in separate fields. What you might do is use the delimited data option and define the y-series as a calculation with this expression:

List ( SummaryFieldForf_PAM ; SummaryFieldForf_PEI ; SummaryFieldforf_PES ; //and so forth ... )

You'd use a similar list expression, but with field names in quotes in the list to produce the labels needed for the x-axis.

• 3. Re: Can't figure out how to make this chart
              avallejo

I'll study this and give it a try...

Thanks a lot,

André