0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 7:23 AM by lihongyang

Can't get JDBC connection to a database which name has space

lihongyang

Title

Can't get JDBC connection to a database which name has space

Hi,

I can get a JDBC connection to a database whose name does not have space, e.g., test_DB,

Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:filemaker://localhost/test_DB", "user", "password");

it works fine.

But when I try to get a JDBC connection to a database whose name does have space, e.g, test DB,

Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:filemaker://localhost/test DB", "user", "password");

The java program just hang. It does not return any error code or exception. And when I check the filemaker server, fmxdbc_listener was using 98% of the CPU. Unless restart server or the JDBC listener of the server, I can't get any other connection to the filemaker database.

In the previous versions of Filemaker ODBC/JDBC manual, they mentioned you should use escaped character %20 for space in the database name, but this is not mentioned in Filemaker11 ODBC/JDBC manual. I tried it anyway,

Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:filemaker://localhost/test%20DB", "user", "password");

The java program still hangs. fmxdbc_listener still goes crazy on the server.

Can anyone please let me know what should I do to access a database whose name has space?

thanks,

yang