AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't get Lookups to Look up....

Question asked by daviator on Dec 7, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2013 by swillette

Title

Can't get Lookups to Look up....

Hello,

I'm using FileMaker Pro 10, trial version, Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3.

I want to be able to auto-populate fields from one Database (or Table) into another based on the business name I choose. (All names are 100% unique.) 

1. I have created a master database Called TEST1 (also tried with tables) by importing from a spreadsheet the basic info for my accounts: Name, Address, City, etc.
  2. I created a second database Called TEST2 where I track items related to those accounts. Some of the data will be the same such as name, address, etc.
  3. I created relationships between the two databases (tables) for common fields. I.e Name, Address, Phone, etc.
  4. For the NAME field on TEST2 I created a Drop-down field using the entries in the NAME field from TEST1 as a value list so all of my accounts are listed. This works perfectly.

BUT, No matter what I do I cannot get the related fields from TEST1 to populate in TEST2 when I select the account from the NAME drop down. The rest of the common fields in TEST2 remain blank.

I have tried Lookups and Portals. I have checked the box for "Allow creation of records in this table via this relationship."  in the Relationships tab.

Nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

Outcomes