AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't make a TO that is a subset of another table

Question asked by tlawson on Dec 19, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2012 by tlawson

Title

Can't make a TO that is a subset of another table

I am trying to make a TO and use it to populate a popup menu that gives me a limited/filtered/reduced view of another table (not sure what the right word would be).

My structure is this:

* Dealership table (list of car dealers) - primary key is __kp_Dealership_ID

* Consult table (list of consultation visits to that dealer) - has foreign key pointing to dealership table _kf_Dealership_ID

* Employee table (list of all employees from all dealerships) - has foreign key pointing to dealership table _kf_Dealership_ID

Here is what I've tried:

1. Tried creating a TO using join operator (dealership_consult_EMPLOYEE.).  The relationship uses the _kf_Dealership_ID key in the Consult table and the _kf_Dealership_ID key in the Employees table.

------> The popup refers to that TO and I still get a list of all employees, not just the employees for this company

2. Tried createing a TO using equals operator (dealership_consult_EMPLOYEE).  The relationship uses the _kf_Dealership_ID key in the Consult table and _kf_Dealership_ID key in the Employee table.

-----> Same result

I thought I was getting the hang of this.  Stiff not I guess.  

Outcomes