1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2011 2:17 PM by philmodjunk

Can't modify an old layout so 8.5 x 11 form fits

JimFalconer

Title

Can't modify an old layout so 8.5 x 11 form fits & prints once

I just converted from an old version of FM (v6) and have been using the new v11.3. I was used to the layout editing in the old version.

Today, I went to print a regular "letter" sized old form and found it was giving me 2 pages. I tried to move the body up - but for some reason I can not seem to be able to move it. I have cleared the bottom of the form of fields, and even moved them up more than enough. Still no budge trying to move the body up. I'm baffled...but that's not hard to achieve. Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Can't modify an old layout so 8.5 x 11 form fits & prints once
          philmodjunk

This really hasn't changed much even when compared to much older versions than FMP 6.

Enter Layout mode

Use printer setup to select the printer, page size and orientation appropriate for how you will print the layout.

Open layout setup..., click the printing tab and check to see if margin settings are correct

Now look for the page break dashed line on your report and see what extends below the line. If the position of the line or look of the layout seems very different than the options you selected in Printer setup, you may have a corrupted layout that should be replaced.

If it looks about right, you can move the body up by making the header and/or any leading grand summary parts smaller or by reducing the height of the body by dragging the lower boundary of the body part up.