1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2011 8:55 AM by philmodjunk

Can't navigate to proper layout...(simple but vexing)

cheathamtech

Title

Can't navigate to proper layout...(simple but vexing)

I'm sure this is some simple thing I'm missing..

I've made a button that runs an IF statement... IF either Field A or Field B is blank, then navigate to a layout that gives a warning that the fields must be filled in... Else If Fields A and B are filled in, commit the record and create a new record.

If the fields are blank, it does indeed take me to the proper layout...  But then I've put a button on that screen to get me back to the first screen...  that's where my troubles begin...

It won't navigate me back...  I've tried Original Layout, nothing.  I've tried Navigate to Layout A, but it won't budge...

I'm lost...  I'm sure this isn't a bug...I'm just lost about what to do!

Thanks Phil...  you're very helpful and I appreciate it more than I can say...

Dale

• 1. Re: Can't navigate to proper layout...(simple but vexing)
          philmodjunk

Go To Layout [//select a layout] should work with no trouble.

Original layout won't work as this takes you to the layout that was current at the time the script started.

If you need a 'back' button that will take the user to whatever layout they were on previously, use a global field or variable to store the layout name in the script that first takes the user to the error message layout.

Set Variable [$$LastLayout ; Get ( LayoutName )]

Then your "back" button can use Go To Layout [$$LastLayout]  //use go to layout name by calculation option

To return to whatever layout was previous.