1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2013 10:40 AM by philmodjunk

Can't Open Very Large File - Help!

KatiMeirs

Title

Can't Open Very Large File - Help!

I'm working with the NPI database and it has about 4 million datapoints which I'd like to sort. But the FileMaker Pro 12 is only opening about 500,000 of the points. Is there a limit? How can I download the entire file.

It's in comma separated values format

HELP!

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Can't Open Very Large File - Help!
          philmodjunk

I'm working with the NPI database

What is "the NPI database"?

But the FileMaker Pro 12 is only opening about 500,000 of the points. It's in comma separated values format

Do you mean that you are importing data from a CSV file and only about 500,000 records are importing?

If so, there's an upper limit on how large a CSV file can be imported into FileMaker. You'll have to break your large CSV file into smaller files and import from each in turn to get this data into FileMaker.

For More Information see:     Import of a large CSV file halts after 4GB

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip