AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't Print Envelopes - Prints on A4 Instead

Question asked by mickwilli on Jan 3, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2013 by mickwilli

Title

Can't Print Envelopes - Prints on A4 Instead

Hi All,

I've just noticed an pretty big issue that could be a bit of a show stopper for us in a new database that I've been working on.

I have a layout specially setup in Filemaker for printing DL Envelopes. This has worked perfectly fine in previous versions of Filemaker (currently the system I'm re-writing is running just fine under Filemaker 11). Under Filemaker Pro 12 (Advanced) when I print the envelope layout the printer receives an A4 page to print rather then the DL Envelope page as set in the print setup dialogue (as specified in my script). I've tried specifying the print setup manually and then printing the layout manually, but this appears to have no impact.

The printed output prints the layout correctly in the bottom left hand corner of the A4 page so there is definitely something wrong with the instruction the printer is getting.

I’ve only done limited testing so far when I briefly popped into work today to test print the layouts to ensure they print correctly. The machine I was using is a Mac OS X 10.7 machine with Filemaker Pro 12.3 Advanced. The two printers I’ve tried are a HP 4200 and a HP M2727. I’ve not had a chance to really test this right down to the nitty gritty, but it screams of a Filemaker bug to me.

Printing envelops is a pretty big part of what we use Filemaker for, so it’s pretty crippling to not be able to do it. I was wondering if someone else had come into any issues with this in Filemaker 12 and if anyone else could maybe try doing a test print to their printer with a DL Envelope print setup.

Thanks,

Michael

Outcomes