1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 9:08 AM by VickyN

Can't view images from containers in exported pdf's on Windows machines...

VickyN

Title

Can't view images from containers in exported pdf's on Windows machines...

Hi All

This is a bit of an odd one and I'm posting this in a number of wholly different forums based on the nature of the issue and the fact that I have no idea which technology I'm using that is causing my issues!!! So here goes...

I'm using imageMagick and a FileMaker plugin (Troi) to convert pdfs into images so they can be displayed in a container field in a FileMaker database (on Windows machines you are unable to view/print pdfs that have been embedded so its a must for me to be able to convert them).

I've managed to get the convert to work successfully with not too much difficulty, I've got them to convert and import directly into the database - I can view them in my container field, view them in FileMaker's preview mode and print them, although when I try to save these records as a pdf (which my clients will most certainly want to be able to do) there is nothing there.... But...only on the Windows machine... If I try to save the records as a pdf on the mac the images are there and I can see them...

Also this only seems to apply for images that I have converted using imageMagick despite them being in the same format as other images which were just directly imported...

Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm at a loss and would be extremely grateful for any feedback.

Thanks in advance

Vicky x

• 1. Re: Can't view images from containers in exported pdf's on Windows machines...
          VickyN

Sorted now, not that anyone responded anyway!

Ended up on the phone to FileMaker Technical Support, they asked me what version of FM i was running, at which point I realised I was on 8.5 and that I hadn't checked to see what results I got when logged in using 9....

Tried it in 9 and it works fine, so I still don't know technically what the issue was but definitely something to do with how FileMaker writes pdfs in 8.5 on Windows machines... Now resolved in 9!