3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2012 11:53 AM by philmodjunk

Cannot delete records from only one database in a layout

AngelinaVirella

Title

Cannot delete records from only one database in a layout

Please help!!!

This issue started out of no where.... When I attempt to delete any records from our database I get the error message "This operation cannot be performed because one or more of the relationships between these tables are invalid"

None of the relationships with the data in this layout has changed....

I'm attaching a screenshot.  The table I am working from is the client management database.

Please let me know what other information you may need or additional screenshots of the relationships...

Thanks!

screenshot.gif

• 1. Re: Cannot delete records from only one database in a layout
          philmodjunk

Does the record get deleted even though you get this message?

Are you using a script to delete the record or selecting "delete record" from the records menu? (or using the keyboard shortcut for it.)

Is there an OnRecordLoad trigger set for the layout where you attempt deleting the record?

• 2. Re: Cannot delete records from only one database in a layout
            AngelinaVirella

The record does not get deleted.

No script to delete just the delete record button up on top.

No OnRecordLoad Trigger just a trigger on Layout Enter that is to sort records and resize the window.

• 3. Re: Cannot delete records from only one database in a layout
              philmodjunk

I've been able to replicate this in a small test.

Here's what I did.

I related a table to itself in a self join. The self join isnot  the issue but it made for a quicker test.

In the relationship, I enabled the "Delete Related Records in this table when a record is deleted in the other table". The "other table" being the table occurrence listed for the layout where I would delete a record.

I then clicked on the fields tab and deleted a field  used in this relationship.

When I attempt to delete a record, I get the results you report.

This suggests that you have a relationship with this "delete" option specified, but that one of the fields used in the relationship has been deleted from the table.

Unfortunately for you, you have a lot of different relationships to double check to see which one includes these two features: a missing match field and the "delete" option selected.