AnsweredAssumed Answered

cannot open FMP7 after OS reinstall

Question asked by fmp7 on Jun 22, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 by TSRaven

Title

cannot open FMP7 after OS reinstall

Am I out of luck? I recently did a clean install of OS10.5 on my PowerBook G4 (PPC). Before the clean install, I copied my applications folder, including FMP7 to a DVD-R. After the clean install, I copied FMP7 back to the laptop, but FMP7 will not launch. It tries, but eventually I get an error message "FMP7 quit unexpectedly". I presume there was another file placed in another location during the original install that is no longer available. I presume that I'm supposed to reinstall. Problem is, I don't seem to have the original file. The software was purchased online as a download; It was some time ago, but I'm guessing that I must have never made a hard copy. FMP7 seems to no longer be supported, but I was quite happy with and it was working fine for my needs. I did copy some other system files before the clean install, so it seems possible to me that I may have the piece I need somehwere, if I knew what to look for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Outcomes