AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot open multiple hosted databases at the same time

Question asked by BrandyHamblet on Sep 29, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2011 by BrandyHamblet

Title

Cannot open multiple hosted databases at the same time

I am running FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced on my Mac (OSX 10.6.8), and cannot seem to open multiple databases at the same time on our server.  There are two different servers I access on a regular basis - FM9 and FM11.  On the FileMaker 9 server, I can open as many databases as I want without running into errors.  The problem only occurs when I try to open multiple databases on the FileMaker 11 server.

This is the error message I get: 

The maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of FileMaker Pro. Please refer to the License Key section of your software documentation for further instructions. License Key conflict occurred with user “Brandy Hamblet (Brandy’s iMac) [66.68.110.137]”. All files will be closed and the application will quit.

I can verify that I am definitely the only person who uses this license.  There is another person in my company who also uses FileMaker Pro 11 - not sure if it's Advanced or not - and she also receives that error sometimes.  But others in my company don't report that problem at all.

Thoughts?

Outcomes