1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 2, 2009 8:14 AM by philmodjunk

Cannot specify multiple Reports for E-mailing pdf

datablaze

Title

Cannot specify multiple Reports for E-mailing pdf

I have created a script (using Set Variable invoice #) which saves a pdf of each record (Invoice) and then attaches it for outgoing emails; one invoice per email (by Looping through each record of the found set).

The difficulty I'm having is when I try to use this same formula for saving a pdf (using Set Variable account#) of monthly statements (each itemizing several invoices).  In the script step "Save Records as PDF ... the Specify Options are to save Records Being Browsed or Current Record. If I select Records Being Browsed the pdf contains all 'pages' (statements) in a single pdf, using the e-mail address and account number from the first record only; and, if I select the second option, then a single (unformatted) pdf is created for the first record only.

I've tried several different combinations but the results are always the same.

If anyone has a suggestion I would be grateful to learn it.

I. French

• 1. Re: Cannot specify multiple Reports for E-mailing pdf
          philmodjunk

"If I select Records Being Browsed the pdf contains all 'pages' (statements) in a single pdf, using the e-mail address and account number from the first record only; and, if I select the second option, then a single (unformatted) pdf is created for the first record only."

This is the expected behavior for printing/previewing/saving as PDF. You are expecting different behavior and not getting it.

Do you want to send a PDF of "All the records in the found set that belong to client John Smith?"

If so, then you need to set up a found set of just the records belonging to a given client/customer and now "records being browsed" will generate the PDF you want.

There are number of ways to do this in a script, but the exact details depend on your tables/layouts/relationships.