4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2012 1:06 PM by philmodjunk

Can’t send email

thearborist

Title

Can’t send email

OS 10.8.2, FMPA 12.3

I am trying to send email from within FMPA 12, but constantly get an error message:

“Some of the files that are needed are either damaged or have not been installed. Please run the installer to correct this problem.“

I have tried this on several files that have been upgraded, but I get the same message when I create a new file.  I have tried reinstalling, but this is a PITA, because the last disk I have is FMPA 9, with electronic upgrades since then.

How do I find the files that are missing, and how do I get the full version working proprely?

• 1. Re: Can’t send email
          KennethMcCormick

Make sure your default mail client is Apple's Mail. I had this issue when Google Chrome was my default email client.

• 2. Re: Can’t send email
            davidanders

I assume you have not saved your electronic upgrades.

Do you have the last Filemaker 12 upgrade?

If not you can redownload it and previous versions here
            https://store.filemaker.com/US/ENG/RTL/product/view/group/MED

I suggest you save electronic installers and your serial numbers and passwords in a safe place and then back them up.

• 3. Re: Can’t send email
              thearborist

When I set Mail as the default, the functions works.  Thanks, Kenneth.  So is this a bug or by design?  Why can’t Filemaker use other email clients?

• 4. Re: Can’t send email
                philmodjunk

For Why, you'd have to ask a programmer that works for FileMaker Inc.

From the help file for FileMaker 12:

To send email, you must have an internet connection. In addition, to send mail through an email application, you must have the following configurations.

Windows:

•

A [Mail] section in the Win.ini file.

•

Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express and Eudora installed and configured properly.

Mac OS:

•

Mac OS X Mail or Microsoft Entourage installed to send email with FileMaker Pro.

•

Internet system preferences configured for use with one of the supported mail applications.

•

If you use Eudora 5, start the Eudora application before performing this script step.