1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2009 8:55 AM by TSGal

Capabilities of FM Pro/ Server Advanced?

CarmenICT

Title

Capabilities of FM Pro/ Server Advanced?

I thought I read somewhere that with Pro Advanced, one could make a "front-end" that could be installed on any computer and could connect to a FM Pro database shared on a server.

I'm very interested in either this or a "web-based" interface. 

Is this true?

I know that one could create a "front-end" that actually contains the data, but any additions to the data is restricted to that database.

I am tired of purchasing lisences for users who simply need to access the database and create, edit, or "delete" records.

Any point in the right direction is greatly appreciated!!! 

Thank you all for your support!!!

Carmen 

• 1. Re: Capabilities of FM Pro/ Server Advanced?
          TSGal

CarmenICT:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Pro does give you the ability to share database files with up-to nine other FileMaker Pro users.  If you need more, then you need FileMaker Server.  FileMaker Pro also allows you to share your database file over the web with five concurrent users who have a browser.  If you need more, then the FileMaker Server products are required.  FileMaker Pro Advanced allows you to develop runtime applications and distribute to other users without them having to purchase FileMaker Pro.  However, runtime applications cannot be shared.

For more information, please see the Product pages on our web site - www.filemaker.com

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.