AnsweredAssumed Answered

Capture user keyboard input in modal window?

Question asked by disabled_JustinClose on Nov 13, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Capture user keyboard input in modal window?

I was wondering if anyone had an idea about how to capture user keyboard key presses while in a modal window (FM 12)?

I have a pop-up window that has a bunch of checkbox sets in it to act as a found set filter.  There are OK and Cancel buttons on the window, but it would be nice if I could also trap for ENTER or RETURN key to activate the OK button, and also perhaps the ESC key to close/cancel the window.

To further complicate things, there is a script that runs to open the window in the first place.  I did find a way to work part of this by using the Pause/Resume script step in this original script that opens the window.  Part of the Pause setting will cause the script to Continue when the Enter key is pressed. 

I have done such things inside a field, but how to monitor the window as a whole?  Could put a timer script to move the focus to a field, and then monitor that field.  But that would have to run very frequently to be sure to try and capture the input and not fail in some instances.

--  J

Outcomes