2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2013 11:14 AM by MattDeBono

CASE Function in calculation field

MattDeBono

Title

CASE Function in calculation field

Help please,

I have typed the formula I require into the calculation field but for some reason it looks like its picking up a blank field and viewing it as 0 (the number) instead of just blank.

I am trying to do the following

Case ( Urgency = "U" ; "Flag Defect" ; Urgency = "I" ; "Flag Defect" ; Clearance < 4.5 ; "Flag Defect" )

This formula is for a calculation field in my table and shows the criteria if the field is to equal "Flag Defect", if not it remains blank.

It works fine without the Clearance < 4.5 but after I introduce that it seems to pick up every record less than 4.5 not already selected as well as every other record where the clearance field is blank.

Any help on this would be much appreciated as it has me stumped.

Thanks

• 1. Re: CASE Function in calculation field
          philmodjunk

but after I introduce that it seems to pick up every record less than 4.5 not already selected as well as every other record where the clearance field is blank.

Which means that the case function is evaluating as it was designed to function but not as you want it to function. wink

See if this works for you:

Case ( Urgency = "U" ; "Flag Defect" ;
                          Urgency = "I" ; "Flag Defect" ;
                          Not IsEmpty ( Clearance ) and Clearance < 4.5 ; "Flag Defect"
                        )

• 2. Re: CASE Function in calculation field
            MattDeBono

Thankyou for your help this works perfect and makes full sense now.