AnsweredAssumed Answered

Categories

Question asked by ChrisJones_1 on Feb 11, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Categories

Hi

I have a list of places in a table along with their adresses, ID and their category. I want to be able to select a category from a drop down list , (or pop up) i.e doctors surgeries and only the doctors surgeries are displayed to the user who can then select which doctors surgery they require. I have trawled the Missing Manual on FMP 12 and this forum but still can't find out how to do this. could someone tell me if this is possible and how to do it please?

Thanks

***UPDATE****

Hi

I guess as I never got a response to my question no-one understood what I was trying to say and do. So I'll try to explain it a bit better. I have to say I'm a newbie to FM but I have created a database with forms and reports which I have found fairly easy to do. But I have a problem. In a nutshell, we are a charity which runs a social car scheme whereby volunteer drivers take clients to and from doctors, dentists, hospitals, airports etc. 

Using the database form I have created allows the booking clerk to select a client (which populates their address and details) and then select where that client needs to go i.e hospital. The problem is the list of destinations is quite long so I want to present just the list of relevant destinations to the booking clerk that they have selected, for instance just hospitals, if thats what they have selected from the first drop down list on the form and not every other destination on the list. I can create the first drop down list no problem but what I can't do is get the deconf drop down to show just the relevant records and have attached a couple of screenshots to show what I'm trying to achieve. 

Hopefully someone has done this before and knows what I'm trying to do. 

Regards

Screen_Shot_2.png

Outcomes