1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2008 11:37 AM by TSGal

Center IWP Webpage Content

Kundinger

Title

Center IWP Webpage Content

Hi All,

I have created many solutions for clients using FMP/FMPA and deployed these solutions with FMS/FMSA with FMP access and web access.  IWP works absolutely great with a few exceptions, one being...

When a user opens a 'static' (non-FMP generated) webpage, the content is generally displayed in the "center" of the web browser.  When a user clicks a 'link' to access the IWP solution, they are prompted for Log-on credentials which is also "centered" in the web browser.  But, when IWP displays the solution layouts, the content is always displayed in the "upper-left" corner of the web browser. 

I know that this is purely "esthetic" and really shouldn't matter.  In past years with 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution displays, it was NOT a big issue.  But now we have many different display resolutions and users that make their web browser pages to be different sizes.

Most web developers generally display content "centered" in the web browser regardless of the display resolution or web browser page size.  This makes for a 'consistent' and 'appealing' appearance!  When IWP generates the web content to the "upper-left", it has the "feeling" of 'inconsistency' and 'akwardness' and many of my solution users complain.

Does anyone have any suggestions, short of CWP, that will 'tell' IWP to center the content in the web browser?

Kundinger

• 1. Re: Center IWP Webpage Content
          TSGal

Kundinger:

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

I normally don't like to "pass the buck", but I would appreciate it if you fill out the product suggestion form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/feature_request.html

I would copy and paste it for you, but there are questions asked that only you can answer.  Also, the suggestions from customers with real-life examples seem to carry a little more weight than those people who say, "I'd like to see this feature" without any explanation.

A lot of people think these suggestions go into a "black hole", because you don't receive any feedback, but I can assure you that both members of Product Marketing and Development read these suggestions.

Thanks again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.