This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
I've been using the following method since FileMaker 3....
- Enter Layout Mode
- Select any desired Margin settings in Layout Setup...
- Select the correct printer, page size, page orientation in printer or page setup.
- Place a layout object on the layout. It can be a button, layout text, a field...
- Place the left edge of the object on the far left edge of the screen.
- Resize the object, dragging the right hand edge of the object until it reaches the vertical line marking the edge of the printed page.
- Lock the object so that it can't be moved.
- Now add any layout objects to your layout that you want to center horizontally. Use center alignment to align them to the locked object.
- If the locked object is not one that I wish to keep on my layout, I unlock it and delete it. I then lock at least one of the other centered objects so that I can align any future layout objects to it.
Note that for layout text, you can just choose center alignment and do steps 5 and 6 to horizontally center it.