5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2013 5:41 AM by IT_User

Change Control

mike.goss@citta.co.uk

Title

Change Control

I have data seperated from layouts and scripts. Is there any way I can determine when the .fp7 file holding the layouts and scripts was last edited, from within a script.?

• 1. Re: Change Control
          IT_User

When Layouts or Scripts are edited, I don't think there is an automatic way to know that they have been edited.  If that is what you are asking about.

If not, please exand on what you mean.

• 2. Re: Change Control
            mike.goss@citta.co.uk

On the opening screen of my application I have a Date Last Edited/Version No text field. Which relies on me remembereing to update it whenevr I make a change to a layout or a script, and I don't always.

What would be nice is for the main initialisation script to be able to update the field automagically.

But it looks like it might not be possible.

• 3. Re: Change Control
              IT_User

You can use an OnOpen script, then you can add a Set Field step to enter in the current date or time.  That would activated each time you open your file.

Set Field [ dateField ; Get ( CurrentDate ) ]

Set Field [ timeField ; Get ( CurrentTime ) ]

I forgot to mention:

File -> File Options (on a Mac)

• 4. Re: Change Control
                mike.goss@citta.co.uk

How would that tell me the date time the layouts or scripts were last amended?

• 5. Re: Change Control
                  IT_User

Well, since you said,

main initialisation script to be able to update the field

I thought maybe you wanted the OnOpen Script that runs each time you open the file to fill in the date and/time you edit a layout.  I apologize for not understanding.

It seems that you probably will have to do it manually like you have been.